Lesnouvelles Interviews President of Somaliland
Comic Relief/BBC Team Filming Documentary on Somaliland
Senegalese President Abdulla Wade Receives Rayale
Lack of Support for Presidential Pollís Postponement
Djibouti Counts Votes After 'Peaceful' Poll
Priorities Clash As Superpower Meets Super-Poverty
Somali Peace Delegates Tossed From Hotels
"I am Swinging This Flower To You" II
US Boosts Gulf Presence
US Ambassador Inaugurates Somali Refugee
Community Literacy Center
US Task Force Keeping Close Eye On Somalia
Ethiopia To Import Oil From Sudan
Electoral Commissionís Blunder
Somaliland Economic Backbone
New Delhi's War Hysteria
Livestock is the mainstay of Somaliland economy and high profile contributor to Somaliaís economy after the banana cash corp. The gravity of the role of livestock in the nascent Republic of Somaliland has to be addressed with sense of responsibility and nationalism. Livestock issues must always be escalated to the top most authorities to be discussed, studied and resolved to the best interest of the nation in general. The intelligentsia groups should understand and make the axis of their thinking the various aspects of the livestock development to meet the ever increasing needs and demands of the countryís whole population within the realm of the drastic changes taking place in this contemporary world, geographically, technologically, economically, culturally, etc.
The following aspects of the issue to be brainstormed:
- The feeding of the different types of such animals (sheep, goats, cattle and Camel) in all times should be focused.
- Desertification in the Country is progressing speedily and ways of stopping it have to be investigated seriously.
- All types of grass suitable to the Countryís soil has to be surveyed in
consultation with agronomists and those found to be climatically resistant and nutritive must be sown and spread all over the land.
- Veterinary doctors to be increased in number to combat the annihilating diseases of all types of livestock reared.
- Qualitative medicines of all the epidemic animal diseases have to be ready at hand to challenge any outbreaks.
- Professional veterinary clinics have to be established by both the Government and the private sector to facilitate the easy accessibility of medical prescription when needed.
- Marketing is the most difficult but crucial step. Any marketing strategy to be developed must focus has the following two distinct areas:
- Export of live animals - This needs orchestrated efforts in organizing the trading manners of the only export of the Country by advising animal traders to establish livestock trade unions, companies, etc that should always lay down the future advancement plans of this vital trade and closely monitor trends in external markets that do have livestock business relationship with our exporting firms. The intention must always be how to stabilize prices and avoid the chances of business crash that may take place all of a sudden due to sweep diving of the market prices resultant from market flooding which contradicts the basic economics laws between supply and demand.
- Canned or carcass export meat - the canned meat must be treated with high decree of preservation aptitude to compete with the similar products in the international consumer markets.
Likewise the carcass bodies must also be preserved with the appropriate decree of chillness or freezing at the origin sites.
- Livestock animals breeding should be constantly enhanced in such a way as to maximize weight of animalís meant for export within the shortest period of time whilst still maintaining sufficient number of herds for milking purposes in order to promote the diary farm products for both internal and external markets.
This script is meant to tickle the patriotic instinct of the Countryís intelligentsia, political vanguards and the animal herders themselves.